Monday, July 11, 2011

Corn Season!!

One thing I love about living in New England is all the local farm stands to get fresh produce, and corn is finally in season… YUM.

We had our first taste of the season today… it did not disappoint.

IMGP4168

Let me stop for a moment & comment on the corn holders.  I had a Pampered Chef party a few months ago & ordered these, and then forgot about them… getting ready to make the corn tonight I though oh yeah… I got those corn holders.  So I took them out… GET THIS… you put them on BEFORE you cook the corn!!

IMGP4169

Make sure your helper doesn’t eat any before it’s cooked.

IMGP4167

They’re a bit of extra work but I think worth it… you have to trim off the ends, and then these little green gems screw into each end… the bottom half looks like a screw, and the top looks like a game piece from the board game “Sorry”.  They go right in the water… or the grill, or the microwave.

IMGP4170

The info with these says they are cool within seconds of coming out of the water… I’d say it was about 90 seconds after coming out of the water they weren’t uncomfortable.  By the time we sat down at the table they were completely cool.

IMGP4172

They were a hit… as was the corn!!  BTW… dishwasher safe too!

IMGP4174

Happy husking!

No comments: