Thursday, August 27, 2009

Is it just me??

Am I the only one disturbed by the growing up too fast pressure society is putting on our daughters??? 

I've been casually browsing websites for Madalynn's halloween costume, and my jaw has dropped at some of the costumes being marketed to girls, and pre-teens... What is the rush all about? Why do they have to grow up so fast?  Can't we let them be (AND LOOK) like girls.... not women heading out to clubs.

These costumes come in sizes beginning at 7 years old!!!

2654 

38876

 

These costumes below come in sizes beginning at 3 years old.... read that again THREE years old!!

882026

882961

They're young for such a short time... let them be little girls for as long as possible. 

I think this Dove video 'Evolution' should be shown to in every middle school & jr high in the United States

No comments: